Sunday, September 30, 2007

Rainy National day in Mianyang

So its national day October the first,
After a few days messing around and a few more trying to get this PC to reset to English I am posting again. Its another "Golden Week" which is Chinese term meaning "Crazy Week".
A few years ago the central government had this great idea that they could actually stimulate the local economy by mandating a few weeks holiday every year, the now infamous Golden weeks. It certainly worked, up to a point. Everyone who can goes some where and does something, restaurants train stations hotels and senic spots are choked and I suppose that everyone will return to work more stressed out and obviously lighter in the pocket.
I'm staying well out of it, I've done my touring for a while but tommorrow I will go to the (second) wedding of my (former) boss and his (former) employee.
Should be crazy

No comments: