Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I saw a Maserati in town today


Guess what I saw in downtown Mianyang ? Well of course you know if you read the title a Maserati, that's right a freaking Maserati. I cant tell you the make or model but it certainly makes a Jaguar look like a golf cart and a Mercedes look like a bread van (in China that would be a noodle van). It's a local too, the first 2 symbols of the plate shows it's Sichuan B the Mianyang area.
One doesn't want to engage in baseless stereotyping or unfounded speculation but I believe that I can say that the owner of this car is most certainly a wanker. It's the totally wrong car for the city like this teeming with people trucks bicycles tricycles and scooters. The only purpose of a car like this in a city like Mianyang Sichuan China is to show everybody what a great big rich wanker you are. Nice car though.
I was wondering when I will be seeing any Maseratis in my hometown, Masterton Wairarapa New Zealand ? Unless Peter Jackson decides to buy a few the most likely time for a Maseratis to appear in the Wairarapa will be sometime in the 27th century. This is when (according to my calculations) New Zealand wins World War IX. After which the the savage Bogan warriors and their brutal Gearhead Warlords will return to their ancestral homelands with the booty they sacked from the devastated capitals of Eurasia. Their ox carts will laden with Maseratis Lamborghinis and Ducattis. The Picassos, Rembrants and Van Goghs having long since moldered to dust or burnt for warmth.
It will be a sort of Genghis Khan and Mad Max meet Harley Davidson and Smith&Wesson sort of a deal. Delightful no ?

No comments: